Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse
Fraud, Waste and Abuse means that any member, any provider, or another person is misusing Medicaid, or NH Healthy Families' resources. This could include things like:
- Loaning, selling or giving your NH Healthy Families member ID card or Medicaid ID card to someone.
- Misusing NH Healthy Families or Medicaid benefits.
- Billing NH Healthy Families for "free" services.
- Wrongful billing to NH Healthy Families by a provider.
- Billing NH Healthy Families for services not provided.
- Any action to defraud NH Healthy Families or Medicaid
You must not share your benefits with anyone. If you misuse your benefits, you could lose them. Medicaid may also take legal action against you if you misuse your benefits.
NH Healthy Families and our network providers must report any misuse of benefits to NH Healthy Families.
Authority and Responsibility
Tell us right away, if you think a doctor, a hospital, another NH Healthy Families member, or another person is misusing the Medicaid or NH Healthy Families resources.
Call NH Healthy Families' FWA Hotline at 1-866-685-8664. You do not need to give your name and we will take your call seriously. Or you can write to:
NH Healthy Families
2 Executive Park Drive, Suite 220
Bedford, New Hampshire, 03110
You can also report fraud and abuse to the NH Attorney General's office The address and phone number are:
Office of the Attorney General
Medicaid Fraud Control Unit
33 Capitol Street
Concord, NH 03301