New Century Health – Oncology Pathway Solutions
NH Healthy Families is pleased to announce its collaboration with New Century Health (NCH), an oncology quality management company, to implement a new oncology pre-approval program, NH Healthy Families Oncology Pathway Solutions. The program will simplify the administrative process for providers to support the effective delivery of quality patient care.
Beginning May 1, 2020, all oncology-related chemotherapeutic drugs and supportive agents will require clinical review by NCH before being administered in a physician’s office, outpatient hospital or ambulatory setting. This prior authorization requirement applies to both pharmacy dispensed and office administered medication requests for all NH Healthy Families Medicaid members ages 18 and over.
NH Healthy Families Oncology Pathway Solutions program benefits include:
- The use of clinical criteria, based on nationally-recognized guidelines, to promote evidence-based cancer care.
- Increased collaboration with physician offices to foster a team approach.
- Peer-to-peer discussions with medical oncologists who can understand and better discuss treatment plans.
- A provider web portal to:
- Obtain real-time approvals when selecting evidence-based NCH treatment care pathways.
- Determine which clinical documentation is necessary for medical necessity review.
- View all submitted requests for authorization in one location.
- Check member eligibility.
- The requesting physician must complete an authorization request using one of the following methods:
- Logging into the NCH Provider Web Portal
- Calling 1-888-999-7713, Option 1, Monday–Friday (8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET)